Backstreet Boys’ AJ McLean says band “fully supports Nick Carter” amid rape allegations
Backstreet Boys star AJ McLean says the band “fully supports” Nick Carter after he was accused of sexually assaulting a disabled woman in 2001.
Shannon Shay Roth, 39, who has autism and cerebral palsy, claims the singer, 42, invited her onto the tour bus when she was 17 after a concert in Tacoma, Washington in February 2001, before raping her. Carter denies the allegations.
McClain, 44, who recently performed with the band at the Z100 iHeartRadio Jingle Ball in New York City, told TMZ that the band “couldn’t be more solid” in the wake of the lawsuit.
There for him: Backstreet Boys star AJ McLean says the band “fully supports” Nick Carter after he was accused of sexually assaulting a disabled woman in 2001 (pictured together 2005)
He said: ‘We are all behind Nick and we all support him fully. He does a great job as best he can
“[The band] It couldn’t be more solid.
The interview comes days after Roth announced her lawsuit against Carter on Dec. 8.
Roth claims the star pulled off his pants and showed her in the bathroom after prom – before he forced her to perform oral sex on him and then raped her.
SUPPORT: McClain, 44, who recently performed with the band at the Z100 iHeartRadio Jingle Ball, told TMZ the band ‘couldn’t be more solid’ in the wake of the lawsuit (Carter and McClain were pictured with Kevin Richardson, Brian Littrell and Howie Doro last week )
It described in detail the “pain, confusion, frustration, shame and self-harm” caused by the alleged incident and She alleged that Carter “threatened and tried to silence her” in the immediate aftermath.
Roth’s attorney, Mark J. Boskovitch said three other women—named only Jane Doe—were named in a joint lawsuit alongside her.
According to court documents obtained by TMZ, Roth claims she was invited to the bus and Carter asked her if she wanted a drink — after asking for apple juice, she claims he served her cranberries and gave her a ‘red’ drink he called ‘VIP juice’.
Ruth claims the drink tasted bittersweet when she drank it and says she thought it was a mixture of cranberry juice and alcohol.
Ruth alleged that Carter took her to the bus bathroom and ordered her to perform oral sex on him. She claims she was crying the whole time but Carter “kept guiding her”.
LAW: Shannon Roth (C) – Alleges Carter raped her on a tour bus in 2001 when she was a 17-year-old minor – She is seen during a press conference Thursday announcing her lawsuit against the star – Carter denies all allegations
She further alleges that Carter took her to a bed on the bus and continued his alleged sexual assault.
She then claimed that she told Carter she was going to tell people about the alleged assault — but he reportedly threatened to turn people against her, allegedly calling her a “little b***t no one would.” Believe’.
She said: ‘The past 21 years have been filled with pain, confusion, frustration, shame and self-harm, which is a direct result of Nick Carter raping me.
Even though I’m autistic and live with cerebral palsy, I believe nothing has affected me more or had a more lasting impact on my life than Nick Carter did and said to me.
She claimed: “After he raped me, I remember he called me my little ************ and grabbed me and left bruises on my arm.
She added, “Carter tried to scare me and make me shut up… It was nasty and scary.”
He told people he was going to turn people against me and because he was Nick Carter, he had the power to ruin my life.
She said she was motivated to speak out to “prevent” Carter fromAttacking more teens and women.
A photo of Carter was taken in September 2001 – seven months after the alleged rape
Ruth claims she contracted a sexually transmitted infection, human papillomavirus (HPV) infection from the alleged assault, having previously been a virgin.
She is now seeking damages.
She said: ‘Just because Nick Carter is a celebrity doesn’t mean he’s exempt from his crimes. I am a survivor and always will be.
Mr Boskovitch claimed that “Nick Carter has a long history of abusing women” and added that the music industry has allegedly “looked away” in the past
He added: “Shay is determined to bring Carter to justice. She believes protecting other women is worth it.”
Following the allegations, the Backstreet Boys Christmas special that was filmed this month in Los Angeles has been canceled, according to Variety.
A source close to Carter denied the allegations and told TMZ, “This accusation is categorically false. Nick is focused on his family and grieving the death of his brother.”
Carter’s younger brother, Aaron Carter, was found dead at the age of 34 in his bathtub in Lancaster, California, on November 5.
The cause of death was not officially announced, but it was known that he suffered from mental health and addiction problems.
Carter’s attorney, Michael Holtz, called the allegations “totally untrue” in a statement to DailyMail.com on Thursday.
RIP: Nick’s brother Aaron Carter was found dead at the age of 34 in his bathtub in Lancaster, CA on November 5 (pictured in his latest interview)
He said that “this allegation of an incident that supposedly took place more than 20 years ago is not only without legal basis but also completely untrue.”
“Unfortunately, for several years now, Ms. Ruth has been manipulated into making false allegations about Nick — and those allegations have changed repeatedly and materially over time,” Holtz said.
He added, “No one should be fooled by a journalistic stunt run by an opportunistic lawyer – there is absolutely nothing to this allegation, which we have no doubt the courts will quickly catch up on.”
Carter has personally kept quiet about the allegations — but he did share a post promoting Aaron’s charity concert on Thursday — hours before the allegations came to light.
Carter has previously faced allegations of rape – which he has denied – and has not been charged with any crimes.
In 2017, singer Melissa Schumann said that a boy working for the band raped her in 2003.
In 2018, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced that it would not press charges against Carter due to the statute of limitations, which expired in 2013.
Melissa, who is from the ’90s girl group Dream, filed the police report in February of that year.
She claimed that in 2003 Nick pushed her into the bathroom for forced oral sex and then claimed she was raped in the bedroom.
Nick denied the rape allegations.
Later, the Backstreet Boys star said in a statement that he was “shocked and saddened” about the accusations.
He said, “Melissa never expressed to me while we were together or at any time since that anything we did was not consensual.”
Nick added that he was “always respectful and supportive of Melissa both personally and professionally”.
In the statement, he concluded, “This is the first time I have heard of these accusations after nearly two decades. It is against my nature and everything I cherish to intentionally cause someone annoyance or harm.
He continued, noting that they “continued to record a song and played together”.
Melissa originally made the allegations in a November blog post.
She alleged that she was ‘forced into an act against my will’ by Nick, who allegedly took her virginity when she was 18 and he was 22.
Previous allegation: In 2017, singer Melissa Schumann accused Nick of raping her in 2003 – he denied the allegations and has never been charged with any crimes (pictured 2018)
#Backstreet #Boys #McLean #band #fully #supports #Nick #Carter #rape #allegations