Apple launched a bunch of innovative new accessories this year and managed to put more than 40 of them through their paces. From iPhone, iPad, Mac, and more, here are my 8 favorite Apple accessories from 2022.
I’ve personally tested everything on the list below and found them to be consistently useful and handy — especially after the novelty of a new accessory has worn off.
My eight favorite Apple accessories of 2022
Mophie MagSafe 3-in-1 Travel Charger
Even with great products, I usually have some constructive criticism but that’s not the case here. After a year of use, I still can’t think of any way to improve on the 3-in-1 Travel Charger, Mophie really knocked it out of the park.
Seamlessly charges iPhone, Apple Watch and AirPods with official 15W MagSafe power for iPhone. It has a premium, portable design, a thoughtful travel case, and everything you need is included — considering the Apple MagSafe Duo — making it the perfect travel charger for Apple users.
The mophie 3-in-1 Travel Charger is available at Apple and direct from mophie where the latter usually offers a 20% discount.
Check out my full review for more details.
Moft Flash MagSafe wallet
With a great design that offers great form and function, I think the Moft Flash will be a huge hit for just about anyone who likes to use a MagSafe wallet with their iPhone. It has become my favorite with its clever combination of form and function.
- Ultra slim bi-fold design
- MagSafe connection with built-in stand
- Easy access to cards or show ID / use NFC
- Durability has been good over the 3 months that I have been using this
- Great price at $34.99
You can pick up any of the four colors direct from Moft, or the black or blue versions from Amazon.
Read all about Moft Flash in my full review.
Nomad Base One Max
It has become a favorite household charger for iPhone and Apple Watch. I kind of think of it as a nice, compact figurine that just so happens to power an iPhone and Apple Watch. It looks great anywhere you put it.
- Official MFi-certified MagSafe with 15W fast wireless charging for iPhone
- Built-in Apple Watch charger
- All metal and glass designs
- Powered via USB-C (6.6 ft nylon braided cable)
- Extremely solid build weighing in at just 1.98 lbs (900g)
- At $149.99
The downside here is that you need to save or buy your own 30W power adapter. But if you’re looking for a premium MagSafe charger for your home, this is it.
You can pick up the Nomad Base One Max directly from Nomad in three available colors.
Read more in my full review.
Twelve towers south of the HoverBar
Twelve South launched another great product at the end of the year, expanding their HoverBar lineup. The new HoverBar Tower comes with a sturdy base so you can safely move your iPad just about anywhere and at any angle you like.
- Provides hands-free use for iPad mini up to 12.9″ iPad Pro (iPhones too)
- It allows you to achieve almost any angle
- Durable build quality with a secure grip for your iPad
- At $129.95
You can pick up the HoverBar Tower directly from Twelve South, at Amazon, and at Apple.
Here is my full review for more details and pictures.
Moft Float Folio for iPad
Moft’s design here is the smartest I’ve seen on an iPad offering multiple stand options. Most interesting is the raised stand position that appears on the iPad at about 4 inches high.
- Four iPads stand in a very lightweight sheet
- Soft and durable vegan leather
- Value for travel or at home/office
- Priced at $39.99 (iPad mini), $59.99 (iPad Pro 11″ and iPad Air), $69.99 (iPad Pro 12.9)
You can get the Moft Float Folio for your iPad Pro, Air, or mini right now, directly from the company. Learn more about the Moft Float Folio in my full review.
Bypass JetDrive SD card flush
Whether you need a little extra storage with a smaller capacity or a max 1TB JetDrive, the MacBook Pro flush SD card is a very handy accessory.
From its ultra-comfortable form factor to dust, water, and shock resistance, plus a generous 5-year warranty, the JetDrive Lite 330 is easy to recommend as long as you’re okay with speeds of 75-95MB/s.
- Half-sized SD card fits perfectly in the MacBook Pro
- Capacity from 128 GB to 1 TB
- Dust, water and shock resistance
- 95MB/s write and 75MB/s read speed
- 5 years guarantee
- Price: Usually $38 – $190
Check out more in my full review.
Insta360 Link 4K Webcam
Insta360 has jumped into webcams this year and the Link 4K is an impressive piece of hardware. If you want a dedicated, high-resolution webcam packed with useful features that go beyond what the iPhone can do with the Continuity Camera in macOS Ventura, the Link is worth the price.
- 4K ultra clear resolution
- 3 axis gimbal
- Superior AI Auto Tracking
- Portrait, DeskView, Overhead, and Whiteboard modes
- Precise photo and camera control
- Compact design with easy-to-use clip or string attachment option
- A step above Apple’s Continuity Camera
- USB-C connection
- Price: usually from $299
The Insta360 Link 4K webcam is available directly from the company as well as the Amazon Insta360 storefront.
Here is my full review for an in-depth look.
Nomad Leather Cover for Apple TV Remote
The Nomad’s simple yet clever design here delights with the hand feel and added AirTag support.
If you have an Apple TV with a second-generation Siri remote, I couldn’t recommend a leather case more. Being something you use frequently, the leather case provides a 10/10 experience when used daily and makes it easy to find when you – or someone else – may have lost it.
You can grab the leather sleeve directly from Nomad and check out more thoughts from me on it in my full review.
Favorite Apple Accessories – What do you think?
Have you been using one of the above extensions? Or have something you love that wasn’t on the menu? Share your thoughts in the comments 🤓.
Thanks for checking out my favorite Apple accessories!
FTC: We use affiliate links to earn income. more.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news:
#favorite #Apple #accessories #reviewing #amazing #products