Smashed a crowd at a concert in London, killing one person and seriously injuring 2


Police said Saturday that a woman died and two others were in a critical condition after a crowd crowd at a concert last week in London.

The woman, 33-year-old Rebecca Icomelo, a London resident, died in hospital on Saturday after sustaining serious injuries in the incident, the Metropolitan Police said in a statement. Police said two other women, aged 21 and 23, were in critical condition.

The party took place on Thursday night at the O2 Academy Brixton, also known as Brixton Academy, a popular concert venue in London where Nigerian Afrobeats singer Asake was performing. Police said: “A large number of people were trying to force entry” to the place. Videos showed a crowd pouring into a narrow entrance as people screamed and onlookers recorded the scene.

First responders performed CPR and first aid. Police said they responded shortly after 9 p.m. Thursday to reports of the stampede. Police said eight people were taken to hospital with what appeared to be injuries from the crash.

Crucial lapses lead to a tragic delay in the rescue down an alley in Seoul

Police said an autopsy is scheduled for Icomelo on Sunday. An “urgent investigation” into the crash is under way, Chief Superintendent Colin Wingrove said in a statement, noting, “This remains a fast-moving and evolving picture, and we are working to determine the events leading up to the crash.”

Police have appealed to the estimated 4,000 people at the event to provide photos and videos that may help piece together the circumstances leading up to the crash. The sold-out concert venue can seat approximately 5,000 people.

In a statement released by the Metropolitan Police, Icomelo’s family said the 33-year-old was a nursing graduate and “a wonderful mother of two who loved working with the children. She was highly respected in the family for her care, kindness and love.”

said singer Asake in a statment He posted on social media that he had spoken with Icomelo’s family and was “devastated by the news” of her death.

“I am overwhelmed with grief and could not have imagined anything like this could happen,” he said, adding that he and his team are “awaiting a full debriefing” of the scene and the police “to determine what exactly led to all this commotion.”

How police actions in Indonesia led to a fatal crash on a soccer field

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan He said He was “sad that this could happen to Londoners in our city” and urged people with information about the situation to contact the police. “I will not rest until we have the answers their loved ones need and deserve,” he wrote on Twitter.

The fatal incident in London follows the killing of 11 people from a large crowd at a concert in October in Kinshasa, DRC, on the same night as a crowd in Seoul killed 158 people. Earlier that month, a brawl in an Indonesian soccer stadium killed at least 130 people.

The Washington Post’s investigations into stampedes in Seoul’s Itaewon neighborhood and at Kanguruhan Stadium in Malang, Indonesia, found serious mistakes by officials in each tragedy – slow police response and lack of crowd control in Seoul, hail of tear gas and blocked exits. in Malang – which contributed to the high death toll.

#Smashed #crowd #concert #London #killing #person #injuring

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *