King Charles prepares to invite Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to coronation: report
King Charles will invite Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to his coronation despite the couple’s new Netflix documentary series containing fresh attacks on the royal family.
Buckingham Palace insiders tell DailMail that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex can expect invitations to the historic event at Westminster Abbey scheduled for May 6.
“Harry is his son and His Majesty will always love him. While things are tough right now, the door will always be open.”
Another said it was “unlikely” that the invitation would be rescinded in the coming months, even with the release of Harry’s upcoming memoir, Spear.
The palace told the executor that the list of guests for the coronation ceremony had not yet been compiled.
Harry and Meghan made a slew of claims in their Netflix series, which rose to number one on the platform upon each of its two parts release.
At the last drop, the couple claimed that Prince William traded stories about them to the press and that his brother forced him “out of the family.”
Harry also claimed that King Charles and Prince William yelled at him when he told them he was moving to the US with Meghan.
“It was terrifying for my brother to yell and yell at me, for my father to say things that simply weren’t true, and for my grandmother to sit there quietly and accept it all,” Harry said on the show.
In the first half of the series, Harry claims to have been “literally raised” by his so-called “second family” in Africa after his father abandoned him in the aftermath of Princess Diana’s death in 1997.
Buckingham Palace has not responded to the new set of allegations. The sources said that the company does not want to get involved in the battle of who gets the “last word” and prefers to keep the “dignity” of silence.
Although the Duke and Duchess of Sussex may still be invited to the huge event, they may not be greeted so warmly.
After the first part of the documentary was broadcast, British politicians, military figures and historians urged Harry and Meghan not to attend the coronation ceremony, whether they had been invited or not.
“They make money selling their families down the river. I think it should be made clear that the British people don’t want them there,” said former Cabinet minister and Tory veteran David Mellor, adding that Britons “would be fully entitled to be booed if a couple turned up.”
Author and historian Lady Antonia Fraser said the couple would inadvertently draw attention away from King Charles and Camilla, the Queen’s consort, if they were to attend.
“I worry that if they come in, the cameras might waste time on them. They should still be holding hands in Hollywood,” Fraser said.
Harry and Meghan have yet to indicate if they will attend if they receive invitations.
“It would be totally hypocritical but again not entirely surprising if they did, let’s just say,” said a palace insider.
The Daily Mail said that the coronation efforts continued in full force.
St. Edward’s crown is resized to fit the king and it is believed that Camilla has chosen her own.
#King #Charles #prepares #invite #Prince #Harry #Meghan #Markle #coronation #report